Our Victoria sponge sandwich is always made fresh to ensure a soft, moist and light texture. It is sandwiched together with either a jam filling or jam and generous cream filling.
My particular favorite, a very moist citric lemon sponge made with fresh lemons boasting a lemon curd and a generous helping of lemon cream.
AMARETTO AND RASPBERRY SPONGE
A moist almond flavoured sponge with fresh raspberries and an Amaretto cream, ideal for top tier of a wedding cake.
We have developed our chocolate cake to contain as much chocolate as we possibly can. This ensures that it is always moist and rich in flavour. All our chocolate cakes have a generous chocolate cream filling unless otherwise specified.
One of your favourites a moist chocolate chip cake with either a generous filling or on its own, popular as a base cake for weddings we find most bride and grooms soon come back for more.
MADEIRA/CARROT/CHERRY OR SPECIAL REQUESTS AVAILABLE
Our fruitcake has been made from the same recipe for generations. We still use all natural ingredients including, dark sugar, flaked almonds, brandy and quality sun dried fruits. We slow bake the cakes in an oven to ensure a moist and delicious cake. We always finish our cakes with marzipan and sugarpaste. Royal iced cakes can be made on request. Always ensure that you use a sharp cake knife when cutting.
Our cakes whether sponge, fruit or speciality are all cooked fresh on the premises with the finest of ingredients to ensure that you get the best flavours possible
Home baked recipe’s are our success using recipe’s that have been tried and tested for years and adding our own recipe’s along the way (we do not use cake mixes) all our sponge cakes are baked with you in mind and are only cooked one or two days in advance of collection giving you a truly fresh cake.
OUR CELEBRATION CAKES ARE NORMALLY A STANDARD VICTORIA SANDWICH OR CHOCOLATE CAKE BUT OTHER SPECIALITIES ARE AVAILABLE AT EXTRA COST.
Special dietary cakes are available.
Cake Fillings, Storage and Shelf Life.
• All cakes should be stored in dry conditions on a flat sturdy surface.
• Never put cakes in the fridge.
• Sponge, Chocolate and Carrot cake will keep for one week after collection date
• Fruitcake lasts perfectly well, wrap in greaseproof paper an d a layer of foil or can be frozen.
• We do currently make special dietary cakes.
• Our sponge and chocolate cake does not contain nuts but may contain nut traces.
• Our fruitcake does contain nuts and alcohol.
• Our cakes are made with vegetable fats and contain dairy products.